These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

creating a pdf u3d file with Inventor 2010

Adamg
Adamg's picture

I am using Adobe acrobat 9 pro. How do I create u3d file using Inventor 2010? Thus far i can only save files as a .pdf file. I have tried to use the tools> multimedia>3d tool> through adobe and it would seem that i must find a way to convert my solid model to a u3d file first. I also tried changing the print options in Inventor to a .pdf u3d but i don't see where it will let me print to a .pdf u3d file only gives the option of .pdf.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.0, Windows
TheFrog
TheFrog's picture
Hello,

As the U3D export do not exist within Inventor 2010, there is not solution from Inventor.
"Pdf U3d" stand for : include a U3D "Stream" within the PDF. This not a U3D file only.
This is not an Acrobat issue.

Anyway,
In order to obtain an U3D file The only possible way is to use A3DReviewer that is installed with Acrobat 9 Pro EXTENDED.
Open your Inventor file within A3DReviewer, then go to 'File' 'Export' -> Save as Type -> u3dHope this is helpful
chrstnsln22
chrstnsln22's picture
Hi thanks for the post.. I am having the similar issue, not really similar, just close and I tried your idea and it worked for me.

Christine

[url=http://hemorrhoidshometreatment101.com/homeopathic-hemorrhoid-treatment/]hemorrhoids home treatment[/url]