These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Autocad Civil 3D 2011 PDF preview shows levels that are turned off

PThomas

Using Windows 7 64-bit, Acrobat 9.4.3, Autocad Civil 3D 2011

In a site plan drawing we are trying to create PDF's of files that have xref's attached. The title block (an xref) is in paper space and the site plan xref is in model space.

We turn off certain layers from the site plan as viewed from paper space to remove clutter and then go to make a PDF. After getting it set up to print, and going to the preview the layers we have turned off appear in the preview and if we go ahead and make the PDF those layers turned off will show up.

We have made sure "Visretain=1" but the layers still show up. If we open the xref by itself and turn off the same layers and go through the PDF process they do NOT show up in the preview or the final PDF.

Any suggestion is appreciated!
Thanks!

PThomas

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.4.3, Windows
UVSAR
Expert
AutoCAD 2011 is only supported by Acrobat X 10.1 - so in previous versions you're likely to see all manner of strange effects. As I don't have your combination of versions, it's not easy to run tests and devise a workaround.
PThomas
I will buy a license then and get it installed to see if that fixes it and let you know. Thanks for the information!

PThomas

UVSAR
Expert
You can install the 30-day trial, but you'll have to uninstall previous versions of Acrobat first.