These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Cannot Plot to PDF from AutoCAD 2010 in Windows 7 environment

SeattleUser

The title says it all - when plotting directly to the Adobe PDF driver from within AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7, it just errors out or shows nothing at all. If we use the Adobe PDF.pc3 driver, we get the same problems. But, if we use the DWG to PDF.pc3 driver, it works okay.

When testing the same setup in AutoCAD 2011 on Windows 7, all three options work fine. Has anybody run into this? Any ideas how to make it work on AutoCAD 2010?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.1.1, Windows
daka630
Expert
As support for AutoCAD 2010 starts with Acrobat X I suspect that you may need to use it.
Don't know if Acrobat X supports AutoCAD 2011.
May be worth bookmarking PDFMaker Compatibility listing
Check the KB article periodically for possible updates to it by Adobe.

Be well...

SeattleUser
Thanks, Dave. That link is helpful. On a related tangent, is the PDF created by the same mechanism using any of the following options for PDF creation (in any application)? At least in the case of AutoCAD 2010, there isn't a toolbar button, but neither can we select FILE > PRINT > ADOBE PDF with any measure of success. I'm trying to understand how Acrobat is creating these PDFs by getting a peek 'under the hood'.1) Click the PDF button on the toolbar
2) Select FILE > PRINT > ADOBE PDF
3) Open Acrobat Professional, select CREATE PDF > FROM FILE