These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Option to paste text into comments without line breaks - Reader 10.1

gregorjs
Answered

When text is copied from the PDF, it contains unwanted line breaks, especially if it has been copied from a PDF with columns.

It would be great to be able to paste copied text into comment boxes without these line breaks.

An option to "Paste Without Formatting", with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-Shift-V) in Reader could be configured to solve this problem, assuming that formatting also means line breaks.

My Product Information:
Reader 10.1, Windows
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
That is a great feature request, but because of font embedding, may not be fully possible. It is worth submitting a feature request here:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

One trick that might work for you is changing this setting:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences, click Commenting at the top.
2. Check the box - Copy selected text into Highlight, Cross-Out, and Underline comment pop-ups.

Now, when you highlight something in the PDF, that text is automatically added to the note, with no extra line breaks.

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+

gregorjs
Hi Kelly,

Is that trick you suggest a feature of Acrobat?

(I don't see that check box option when I go to Edit > Preferences - Commenting in Reader 10.1)
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Accepted Answer
gregorjs,

So sorry, I didn't notice you were only running Reader. This preference is only available in the full version of Acrobat.

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+