These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

4/23/11 Adobe Acrobat 9.4.4 - CPSID_83708 Problem

coleson

Hello,

On 4/23/11 I installed an update entitled "Adobe Acrobat 9.4.4 - CPSID_83708" on my Windows 7 64bit machine.

Since installing this update my machine now takes more than 20 minutes to start. If I use msconfig and disable all startup items related to Adobe the machine starts normally.

Windows will not allow me to uninstall the update. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is not in my control panel uninstall list. So I cannot uninstall everything and start over with my purchased DVD.

If I put in the purchased DVD and run the installit tells me the product is already installed and gives me no option to uninstall.

Please help.

Thank you,
Chad

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro Extended 9.0, Windows
skant29
Hi Chad,

If you installed Adobe Acrobat as a part of a Suite Product such as Creative Suite, in that case you may find the uninstall in the Suite Installer.
Also, Can you please tell about the Adobe related items that you had disabled after which your machine starts normally.

You can also try some 3rd party apps such as Soluto (www.soluto.com) to analyze the boot time required by each item and disable them as per the data.

Please reply if this information was helpful.

Regards
skant