These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 8.1.6 PDFmaker stalls Excel/Word 2003

texas42

I have spent 3 days pouring over suggestions from several places and I am still having problems. I just purchased a new laptop and now after installing Adobe Acrobat 8 I can not create PDF's on this new computer.

Here are the details: Vista 64, Adobe Acrobat 8 (upgraded to 8.1.6), Word/Excel 2003. I have registered and activated adobe on the new computer.

---I do have a PDF printer listed in control panel.
---It is set to the "documents" port
---I am able to print to file and then convert in distiller

There are probably several other tests I did that I am forgetting to list. Whenever I try to print to create a PDF, the process stalls after seconds and the application freezes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Everything worked perfectly on my previous machine which was also Vista.

Thanks alot!

RT

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
What service pack for Vista do you have installed?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

texas42
I have Service Pack 2 installed
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
It may be that your Normal.dot file is corrupt. You might try renaming your Normal.dot file to see if it corrects the issue. The following [url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820919]MS technical note[/url] describes how to do this.

texas42
Interesting....when I tried to restore the Normal.dot Global Template a message pops up that says "No files found to rename/restore".
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Sounds like you're experiencing some issues with a COM add-in program. Have you tried the troubleshooting issues proposed in the technical note that I mention above for this?