These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat Pro 9.4.0 AIP build nightmare

pyperdown

Ok...

When through this previously with 9.0 -> 9.3.2. Finally got it working after much trail and error and FINALLY discover that the patch has to be applied FROM WITHIN THE AIP dir. Nice bit of subtlety. At least this is not mentioned in their FAQ. That ALONE would have saved me hours if not days.

So, following the same plan added the 9.3.3 and 9.4.0 msp files to my build script.

It appears to successfully build the AIP. At least no errors in the build logs that I can see. But it will not install. Acts like it's going to, but does not. Am going to try again minus the MST file but this has wasted 3-4 days so far. Am I asking too much that if adobe INSISTS on the MSP approach that they at least supply some sort of build kit? The customization tool does not come CLOSE to qualifying.

Holy cr@p there HAS to be a better way. I hope I've just left something out due to ignorance or stupidity on my own part.

Here's my build script.

C:
cd\AcroBatPro9
md \AcrobatPro9AIP
start /wait msiexec /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP /Liv c:\AcrobatPro9AIP\install900.log /qn
cd \AcrobatPro9AIP
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install910.log /qn
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install912.log /qn
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcrobatUpd920_all_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install920.log /qn
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcrobatUpd930_all_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install930.log /qn
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcrobatUpd932_all_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install932.log /qn
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcrobatUpd933_all_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install933.log /qn
start /wait msiexec /p c:\AcrobatPro9\AcrobatUpd940_all_incr.msp /a AcroPro.msi TARGETDIR=C:\AcrobatPro9AIP PATCHAIP=1 /Liv install940.log /qn

Install cmd is this:

cd \AcropbatProAIP
start /wait msiexec /i AcroPro.msi TRANSFORMS=AcroPro.mst REINSTALL=ALL ALLUSERS=1 REINSTALLMODE=vamus REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /passive

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.2, Windows
pyperdown
OK - well the problem appears to be with the transform. AIP installs fine. So, how does one debug a jacked up transform?

Has anyone else successfully used the customization wizard with 9.4.0
brogers
"the patch has to be applied FROM WITHIN THE AIP dir. Nice bit of subtlety. At least this is not mentioned in their FAQ. That ALONE would have saved me hours if not days."

The admin guide has this information. An FAQ does not substitute for real documentation. Acrobat doc resides on Adobe.com, and this is only a user group. Go here: www.adobe.com/go/acrobatitinfo and download what you need.

Double check your use of vamus. The list of tested and supported MSI properties is also in that guide.

There is an MST viewer for XP put out by Microsoft.

hth.

ben