These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Can't upgrade from Acrobat Pro 9.0.0 to 9.1

TDaMoose

I am currently using a paid for Acrobat Pro 9.0.0 on a 8-core quad Mac Pro running under 10.5.8. I tried to upgrade to 9.1, downloaded the upgrade and tried to installed it. However, during the install, it asked where 9.0.0 was located. I located 9.0 within the upgrade window. However, it was grayed out! So, I couldn't upgrade. Without 9.1 installed, I can't use the patches 9.1.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3, and 9.2. I am stuck with a very early version of the software as I cannot upgrade or patch without first upgrading to 9.1.upgrading to 9.1 first.

I did try to reinstall 9.0.0 but had no success in upgrading. I downloaded the upgrades and patches directly from the Adobe web site. By the way, I did not have a problem upgrading Acrobat Reader to 9.2.1. I just can't figure out how to fix the Acrobat problem.

Can any help me?

I am running Mac OS 10.5.8 on a quad Mac Pro with 12 GB RAM.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Tom Casselman
cassco [at] c-fourth [dot] com

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.0, Macintosh
pddesigner
Suggestion:

Upgrades come in several versions. Did you download the Mac version or Windows version?

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

TDaMoose
pddesigner,

Yes, I downloaded the Mac versions of all the updates and patches. I run the Acrobat 9.1 patch and am asked to chose the location of Acrobat 9.0 which resides in Applications>Adobe Acrobat Folder>Adobe Acrobat 9. However, when I open the Acrobat 9 folder, Acrobat 9.0 is grayed out so I cannot select it!I guess I am stuck with Acrobat 9.0 but this makes me very unhappy as no one to-date has been able to help me. It is ridiculous that this should be so difficult.

Perhaps, I should reinstall Acrobat and see if that works.

Thanks
pddesigner
Click Help > Online Support > Knowledge base and use keywords like Mac, update, upgrade and see if you can bring up a solution.Adobe will provide support for this problem but there may be a fee. Most of the users in this forum are Windows users so help with Mac is limited.

Hope this helps and good luck.

You should be OK running Acrobat without the update for a while until you get a solution from Adobe.

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Midwest Geek
I can't help because I have exactly the same problem on the same platform. (OS X Leopard) I'm wondering whether you experience another symptom, viz., whenever I click on Help, the application hangs. Unfortunately, that is the menu where the repair link exists. Is there any way to launch this from a command line?

I suppose I'll have to go back to square one: uninstall the app and all related files and start over with the installation disk. But there's no guarantee that I won't encounter the same problem again.
ssv09
It's unclear if you used Adobe Update manager via Help > Check for Updates, in Acrobat 9? Besides, it doesn't hurt to uninstall, clean-up, do fresh install, apply updates