These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Customization 9 on 9.3.0 does not let me uncheck uninstall Acrobat!

AppWench

Hi all-

I have used the customization wizard for Adobe Products for about 2 years now. Normally on the wizard, I will have the option to uninstall previous versions of acrobat and reader.

Now, packaging 9.3, the "uninstall Acrobat" button is checked and greyed out, while the "uninstall previous versions of Reader" button is unchecked and greyed out.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a new feature brought to us by Adobe?

I have users who have Acrobat 7 and 8, and while I would hope that my automated deployment software filters them out, I cannot be sure, and all of these versions are individually licensed.

Thanks for any help/assistance/reassurance that I am not just hallucinating the whole thing.

My Product Information:
Reader 9.2, Windows
dthanna
ExpertTeam
App Waitress;

We have not experienced the checkboxes you speak of. But I do feel that you are not hallucinating.

When doing the builds, try to setup your Customizer capture machine to look identical to a target machine. In that, if your target's have Reader installed, install Reader. If your target's have Acrobat installed, install Acrobat. That way Customizer is being operated in the same environment in which the transforms will have to operate. While more work, a good practice.

As for your A7 & A8 installations... if you can, get everyone to the same version. Trust me, it makes your life much, much easier. Also, keep in mind, no more security updates will be released for the ver7 product line. The holes with A7 are only going to grow as time goes on.Unless I am minunderstanding your 'individually licensed' comment, you cannot (are not supposed to) use Customizer with the shrink-wrapped versions of Acrobat. One serial number, several installs.

I would check with your local Adobe Rep (if you have one) or VAR. Even for a small shop TLP pricing is better than MSRP and every buck saved is... well... a buck saved.

I hope this helps, at least a bit.

Thanks

-Doug

Douglas Hanna is a member of the Production Print Technology team at Aon.
www.aonhewitt.com