These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Error 1714, Installing Adobe Reader 9.0 = HEADACHE

OlivierCMR

Hello all,

I spent several hours on this problem and I begin to have a headache ... I try to install Adobe Reader 9 with a GPO and an MST. It seems that my old GPO (Adobe Reader 8.1.2) can not be properly uninstall ...

I must install Adobe Reader 9 on more than 600 computers ... I spend a lot of time on forums and websites, and the only possible solution is to run the "Windows CleanUp Utility "on each ordinteurs ... You imagine the time that his takes me!

I wonder if there was a other solution. I hope you can help me!

Thanks.

Olivier

My Product Information:
Reader 9.0, Windows
arg
OlivierCMR wrote:
Hello all,I spent several hours on this problem and I begin to have a headache ... I try to install Adobe Reader 9 with a GPO and an MST. It seems that my old GPO (Adobe Reader 8.1.2) can not be properly uninstall ...

I must install Adobe Reader 9 on more than 600 computers ... I spend a lot of time on forums and websites, and the only possible solution is to run the "Windows CleanUp Utility "on each ordinteurs ... You imagine the time that his takes me!

I wonder if there was a other solution. I hope you can help me!

Thanks.

Olivier
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Check out the following post, [url=http://forums.adobe.com/thread/307521]Transform path error when uninstalling 8.1.2 after applying security update[/url] to see if it helps address your issue.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.