These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Error with Microsoft Word 2003 (Office Professional)

dinamcb

I installed Acrobat 8.0 yesterday. I've been dusing the free reader for years, but am starting up a small business and will need the bigger guns to help streamline stuff.

I worked extensively in Word yesterday - maybe 5 or 6 hours of work, when toward the end of my work I got an error about Acrobat causing an error. To be honest - I didn't see the entire message - I had a kid in crisis at that moment. When I got back to everything I shut everything down, rebooted.

Went to answer an email (use Oulook with Word as my editor), and then got an error saying that Word would have to be started in Safe Mode - again referencing Acrobat as being the catalyst of the problem.

Something about the button that got added I think? (Sorry - dogs, cats, kids, husband - all needing attention in the middle of this!)

Anyway - I can't get in to Word now except in Safe Mode. I've tried launching Acrobat to see if I can find some way to find some help there - but I'm hitting brick walls here.

Can anyone help?

I really need to be able to use Word. Big time.

Help!

Thanks,

dina

Starting up Central Drive Lodging, LLC - a short term rental/corporate housing unit in the NW Portland area.

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Dina,

Try this to see if it corrects the problem:
http://www.acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/viewtopic.php?id=1861

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

dinamcb
Thanks so much! I finally made it a way down the list on the 2nd link and it ended up being the normal.dot - who knew!

You're a life saver!!!

Blessings,

dina

Starting up Central Drive Lodging, LLC - a short term rental/corporate housing unit in the NW Portland area.