These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Internal Error 2330. 1392...

jvfarmer

My boss purchased a Toshiba notebook which came with Vista Home Premium and was upgraded to Vista Ultimate about a month ago. He purchased Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional and installed it. Adobe Reader 8.0.1 came already installed on the system but I can't uninstall it either.

Obviously this software has never worked. I have tried using the software CD to repair, modify, and remove it,but to no avail.

During the modify phase, when it gets to the point where it appears it is going to finish up, it displays a dialog box as follows and then immediately performs a "rolls back action":

"Internal Error 2330. 1392, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX"

Now, when using the Modify or Remove option, the following error appears:

ERROR:
"Internal Error 2330, 1392, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\TypeSpt\Unicode\ICU"

Now, before I turned off the startup component for the Distiller via msconfig, every time you logged into Windows, an error message similar to the following would appear:

ERROR:
"Acrodist.exe - Corrupt file. The file or directory c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

Now, Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional will open and even attempts to create a PDF, but usually stops just short and gives the following message:

ERROR:
"Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?"

If you select "Yes" , then it gives two error messages in two separate windows:

ERROR Message #1:
"Acrobat could not open "TEST2.docx" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged...To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application to print the document in Adobe PDF."

ERROR Message #2:
"Internal Error 2330. 1392, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX"

When you go into the actual software to attempt to make a PDF, it gives one of the following error messages:

ERROR Message #1:
"Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files. Do you want to run the installer in repiar mode?"

ERROR Message #2:
"PDFMaker cannot locate the Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver. Please re-install Adobe Acrobat 8.0"

Here's what I have done so far...

(1) I performed all of the forementioned actions while logged in as Administrator.
(2) I tried using the Add/Remove Programs Feature via the Control Panel.
(3) I ran CHKDSK /f, but it will find but still won't fix problems even after restarting.
(4) I turned off plug-ins as well as disable startup via msconfig.
(5) I tried accessing it / attempting to modify/replace/repair it from a different profile.
(6) I have run Windows Updates & Adobe to make the lastest are on there.
(7) I tried to recreate the Adobe Preference folder, but I can't find it and it's not where it's suppose to be.
(8) I tried using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility....

....BUT none of this has worked. Can anybody, anybody, anybody help me?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1, Windows
Dvusdave
I think I have found a simple fix after spending hours hacking Windows Vista registry to try getting it to work. After failed attempts in the registry. I booted the system to a HXPE-BART CD (windows xp immulator) I then went to: C:\Program Files>Common Files. I renamed the "Adobe" folder to "AdobeOLD" I then rebooted as normal, reinstalled Adobe Acrobat 8.0 and BAM!! installed with no errors. Once the Adobe opened, I did a "Check for Updates". All is working find. If you need help with a HXPE-BART CD. check the internet, I am sure there are some trial visions out there or drop me an email at: dr-pcsolutions or visit my website at: http://www.dr-pcsolutions.comGood Luck.. :D