These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Nightmare! Dell A920 + Adobe! Help!

jim47

I am having big problem with Dell A920 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. Before I installed it, I had Adobe Pro 6.0 installed (which turns docs into PDFs) and an HP Deskjet

Now, after installing the A920, my Adobe print/make PDF function has disappeared and my HP Deskjet (both say "no printers installed" when try to use them)

Seems the A920 has taken over/conflict??

Then when I try to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Pro it says "Error 1920 Service Print Spooler (Spooler) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services". Which is ridiculous - I am the administrator of the computer/only account.

I have never in twenty years had one device wreak such havoc on my system! Can anyone help? Can;'t find anything in the Dell knowledge base!

Thanks

PS Running Windows XP SP2
PSS - now in MS Office apps (Word, Excel etc) when try to open docs I get error "Compile Error in hidden module: AutoExec" !!! This A920 has created a nightmare!!!

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
You might try Solution 2 in the following [url=http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333221]technical note[/url].

1. Select Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Services.
3. Locate the service Print Spooler.
4. If the Startup Type is not Automatic, then set it to Automatic:
1. Right-click the Print Spooler.
2. Choose Properties.
3. Choose the General tab.
4. Choose Automatic in the Startup Type menu.
5. Click OK.
5. If the Print Spooler service is not running, then start it.
1. Right-click the Print Spooler line.
2. Select Start from the menu.
6. Start Acrobat, and choose Help > Detect And Repair.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

Mandy Sibonis
I have created a PDF form through Adobe Professional 9 (Designer). I have emailed this form to a client and they have saved the document onto their network. When they go to reopen it, a pop up box says "This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document. When they click OK, the document opens but cannot make any changes to it.
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Sounds like someone has used the Save As menu in Acrobat to move the file to the network location. If so, when they did this they removed the Reader-enabled capability for the form to be filled out. Try resending the form (the Reader-enabled version) and having them [b]copy[/b] the form to a network location.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.