These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

PDF reader to be deployed to Nokia 5230 phone

Skip

We need to provision a PDF reader, and ensure that it is properly licensed to the Nokia 5230 phone.

We have an application that distributes content to a phone and one of our content types is PDF.

It is our understanding that the pdf reader requires a paid licence, and we do not know how to download it, install it, and provision it with a licence.

Our application will run in many markets, e.g. India and China.

Any help would be appreciated.

Skip Snow

My Product Information:
Reader, Mobile
gkaiseril
Expert
You might want to look at Mobile PDF reader. Be sure to look at System requirements and scroll down to the Android and Symbian OS sections. Adobe once provided a Palm OS version but it does not appear to be an option. Adobe Reader is also not available for the iPod/iPhone/iPad but there are 3rd party apps that will open PDFs.

George Kaiser

UVSAR
Expert
Adobe Reader LE2.5 is available for Symbian S60 V5 devices - this product is controlled by QuickOffice on behalf of Adobe, so all licensing inquiries should be directed to them:

http://www.quickoffice.com/adobe_reader/

Functionality is extremely basic, as the code has not been updated for several years. Reader LE is also available for Windows Mobile devices, but only as an OEM package.

The mobile form of Adobe Reader X is Android-only.

jilliangrey
I wonder if they also have a it on a Blackberry? I'm going to apply for a Blackberry contract next week and i wanted to make sure i made the right choice! Thanks a lot!