These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Problems Saving With Protected Mode enabled- Reader X 10.1

zonum6

Hi,

We are having an issue saving to our local hard drives while protected mode is enabled. We get the error "the document could not be saved. The disk you were saving to or the disk used for temporary files is full. Free some space on this disk and try again, or save to a different disk"

I know disabling protected mode would fix the issue but then that defeats the purpose of having it.
So, I did find a fix, however, due to our information security policies we are not able to do it.

To fix it, the Local Users group must be listed under the root of C with list contents rights. The local users group is removed on all of our machine by infoSec.

If anyone has any other great ideas to fix this please let me know. Our Security Officer is breathing down my neck to get this fixed.

Thank you very much!!

My Product Information:
Reader 10.1, Windows
dthanna
ExpertTeam
Check to see if it makes a difference as to where you are trying to save the document.

/Temp
/Docs & Settings
/Desktop
/My Documents
.etc...

Protected mode could be working with a local or group policy setting to prevent folks from doing the mischef that you also are worried about.

Just a thought

-Doug

Douglas Hanna is a member of the Production Print Technology team at Aon.
www.aonhewitt.com