These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Reader 9.3.1 Display pdf in browser box grayed out

ldnash

Am running on Windows 7. Cannot find an answer anywhere I've looked so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My Product Information:
Reader 9.3, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
If you have a previous version of Acrobat and/or Reader is may have affected this registry key. Here is a link to a tech note that details how to delete old registry entries [url=http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406119.php]Acrobat 9 does not display PDF in browser or PDF files are opened in non-browser window after you upgrade to Acrobat 9 or Adobe Reader 9[/url].

Or if this isn't the case, you might try Repairing your Acrobat installation or re-installing.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

ldnash
The computer I am using was completely stripped and re-installed with Windows 7 and all programs installed fresh, so I only have Reader 9, no remnants of 8 on this machine at all. I will try the repair/re-install to see if that works. Thanks!
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
I've also seen a few cases where Reader was inadvertently packaged (by IT) this way. To check, you might downloading a fresh install from Adobe.com.

ldnash
I tried the fresh install from Adobe.com, but it is still grayed out. Also tried to repair and rebooted, and that didn't fix it either.
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Can you create a new user profile to see if it corrects the problem?