These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

System error message 1409 installing Acrobat 8 Pro on MAC OX 10.5.5

rmsnow
Answered

When I try to install from the CD or move the files to the HD and then install, does not install but get error message 1409. When try to run, nothing happens but then if try to uninstall, get message that you must quit first before uninstall. If try to run off the CD, the startup message comes up and can go to the various areas like PDF creation etc and can get help messages. If I mark the do not show on startup, it will not close and comes up again. I have tried installing from the HD in different folders. I had reader 9 and now it does not come up. Not sure what to do. Can't find anything on apple site. Have been using Acrobat 7 Pro on a Windows XP and recently got the iMAC. Have not had any other problem and the Adobe reader did fine.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Macintosh
Hi

You might want to go into the Acrobat 8 folder (inside Applications) and try the uninstall option. If this does not work or you don't have this option then try the following knowledgebase article (pay special note to Acrobat) - http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331301

Once completely removed, drag the Acrobat 8 folder directly from the CD into your Applications folders and then double-click Acrobat. It should launch immediately, accept the terms and conditions are you're away ....

Let us know how you get on,

Cheers!

Jon

I've been using Acrobat since v1.0 and still get amazed by its power. An Acrobat ACE since 1999

rmsnow
Issue was resolved with the this process by complete deleting, following the quoted article. Then install fresh.
Thanks
R Snow