These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

windows 2000 pro Acrobat install problem

alsehendo34

Running AdbeRdr90_en_US but it says I need to upgrade explorer to 5.5 or greater.

However I have ran ie6settup and the control panel says internet explorer ie6 sp1 is installed.

Weird thing when I open IE it says under help in big and bold it is internet explorer 5, but below says version 6.0.2800.1106 and update version:;SP1. So what is it am I running Explorer 5 or explorer 6.

Anyway Acrobat reader will not install--is there any way to make it skip explorer I just use Firefox anyway.

Any suggestions?
I can't even find Acrobat 8.1 to try.
Using clunky old GSview in the mean time :-(

My Product Information:
Reader 9.0, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
You can install with Firefox 2.0 or 3.0.

There is an explanation on how to download earlier versions of the Reader at the end of the following post:
http://www.acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/viewtopic.php?id=12622

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

Dunkard
I am installing 6.0 (AdbeRdr60_enu.exe) on Windows 2000 SP1 OS from the file downloaded on Vista to a Cruzer and copied to the target system. Since I am not on the internet with this other system I am getting an error finding instmsiw.exe even though it is already installed on my target system. Can I do this Adobe install with "extract to" and/or install from the CMD line in DOS? Am I using the best version?

Thanks,
dave

Crystal Growth Consultant