These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Form created in 9.4.6 not 'behaving' in 10

reneetanner
Answered

Hello. I created a form using Acrobat Pro 9.4.6. Some of my fields use java script to subtotal certain other fields. I have more fields that use java script to subtract. The math works beautifully in other users' Reader versions. But when my boss tests it out with his version 10, the subtotal field isn't adding and he cannot enter any numbers into the discount fields. I'm guessing since these are the only fields using a script, the problem is there. But I'm not sure where to go from here. Can you help?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.4.3, Macintosh
try67
Expert
Are you sure he's using Reader and not Preview? (although it should work there as well)

- AcrobatUsers Community Expert - Contact me personally at try6767 [at] gmail [dot] com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com

reneetanner
Yes. He is definitely using Reader ...

try67
Expert
Very odd. And he's not able to fill in the fields at all? And did you verify that it works in other versions of Reader?

- AcrobatUsers Community Expert - Contact me personally at try6767 [at] gmail [dot] com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com

reneetanner
I will test it from my version of Reader tonight. Everyone here has Pro. Anything else you can think of to help me would be appreciated! Thank you.

reneetanner
He is saying it works with every Reader program tested as long as it is 9.2 or earlier.
George_Johnson
Expert
It's really hard to say what's wrong without looking at the form in question.
reneetanner
George,
I would love to send it to you. May I?
George_Johnson
Expert
Sure, I'll send you my email in a message to you.
George_Johnson
Expert
You can use: acroscript at gmail dot com
reneetanner
So, I tested this at home using Reader, 10 and the math worked. But I got a message saying "Data typed into this form will not be saved. Adobe Reader can only save a blank copy of this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records.

We need people to be able to save this form filled out. Is there something I can change?
reneetanner
George: The acroscript at gmail dot com doesn't seem to be valid. I get a warning about possible trickery and then the page jumps to my google account.
George_Johnson
Expert
In order for Reader to be able to save a filled-in form, the document has to be Reader-enabled. To do this with Acrobat 9, select: Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe ReaderIn case it wasn't clear, for my email address you need to replace the word "at" with the @ character and the word "dot" with the "." character.
reneetanner
Accepted Answer
George: Thanks for the tip on extended features. I have sent you an email.