These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Form won't submit in Reader X 10.1.1

boregan

In Acrobat X 10.1.1 I created a form, added a submit button with Export Action HTML and entered a URL.
I Saved Form as Reader Extended PDF -> Enable additional Features.

the form will submit correctly using Acrobat

The form submit using Reader gives an error 'An error occurred during the submit process. Unknown failure'

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Rgds,
Brian

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 10.1, Windows
maxwyss
Can you verify on the server whether the data did arrive?

It is possible (speculation) that the server sends back a response Reader does not understand. If that is the case, you would have to look at the submitForm() method documentation.

Hope this can help.

Max Wyss.

boregan
Hi max,
Unfortunately, the data never hits the server`.

If I open the Form in acrobat X i can submit it ok.

Reader X keeps giving the error: 'An error occurred during the submit process. Unknown failure'

Brian
boregan
A colleague resolved it for me.

The website I was posting to required Integrated Windows Authentication. Aparently you can't post from Adobe Reader to a website that requires authentication.

The solution was to create a receiver page in the website and allow this page anonymous rights.
USAMaid
I have an Acrobat 9 Pro question. Created a form from an eps, using the "create pdf from file" function in 9. Edited all the fields and added a submit button.

Ran preflight. It tells me it is compatible with Reader 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Why not 8 and 9 as well, if I'm using 9 Pro? This has me pulling my hair out, as I have to mail 1500 of these and they are time-sensitive.

Can anyone help, please?? Thank you.

USAMaid

UVSAR
Expert
Acrobat and Adobe Reader are always backward-compatible, so any file which can be opened in previous versions can be opened in later versions.
maxwyss
"being Acrobat 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 compatible" means that the document claims to be on PDF version 1.2. This preflight profile may check for the PDF version fetures, and, considering that you are not familiar with PDF versions, it tells you which Acrobat version has to be used at least to view the document.

So far, Adobe has been nice with backwards compatibilitiy, and most older version documents work in newer Acrobat versions (there are a few exceptsions, when it comes to Acrobat JavaScript, such as documents using ODCB no longer work in Acrobat 10, and, more serious, if a doument has been Reader Enabled, it may not work in newer versions because the enabling application was too old (therefore you may be get weird behavior when you open IRS forms from around 2005/6 in Reader 10)).

PDF version 1.6 is formally used by Acrobat 7 and newer, although there may be new things added with newer Acrobat versions. But you can freely open and resave PDFs using Acrobat 7 to 10, in any sequence.

Hope this can help.

Max Wyss.