These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Mac OSX 10.5 and Adobe Reader 9 - FDF problem

phasegirl

I have an issue that only happens when using Adobe Reader 9 and Mac OSX 10.5.

When submitting a form from within a PDF, the FDF that gets sent is completely blank.

Tested on Mac OSX 10.4 with Adobe Reader 9 - no issue
Tested on Mac OSX 10.5 with Adobe Reader 8 - no issue
Tested on Mac OSC 10.5 with Adobe Professional 8 - no issue

It only seems to be a combination of OSX 10.5 and Reader 9. Does anyone have any clue about the settings of these two and what might be happening?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

striata_glenn
Hi

Has anyone from adobe got an answer on this problem , It looks like its still happening, Is there anything we can do to resolve this .
appelman
Hello,

Here's another problem with Adobe Reader 9 and MacOS 10.5. Fill-in forms that can normally be saved, such as those from the IRS, cannot be saved with Reader 9. You get a message saying that this privilege is not supported. Hopefully this is a glitch that wil be fixed??
alexpapa
Does anyone have any recommendation for contacting Adobe about bugs, we have tried to escalate this problem but no luck with their technical department.
palmcityfarmer
Color bar prints in top right, circles like “bulls eyes” print on top, bottom, and each side, and black & white shaded bar prints on top left. All are in margins. How do I get rid of all these? I have Acrobat 9 Pro, Version 9.0.0 on a Mac with OS X ver 10.5.6
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
palmcityfarmer wrote:
Color bar prints in top right, circles like “bulls eyes” print on top, bottom, and each side, and black & white shaded bar prints on top left. All are in margins. How do I get rid of all these? I have Acrobat 9 Pro, Version 9.0.0 on a Mac with OS X ver 10.5.6
Use the crop tool to resize pages.

JR
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
appelman wrote:
Hello,Here's another problem with Adobe Reader 9 and MacOS 10.5. Fill-in forms that can normally be saved, such as those from the IRS, cannot be saved with Reader 9. You get a message saying that this privilege is not supported. Hopefully this is a glitch that wil be fixed??
The way the Extended Rights are applied and encoded has changed over
the versions of Acrobat and ARES. Adobe no longer supports the
original (ARES 5) encoding in Acrobat 9, and forces the users to
either not support Reader 9 or to upgrade their ARES, and no longer
support Reader 5.1.
So, what you would have to do is getting newer versions of such forms.

The form do still work as non-enabled forms ... but that’s not really
what we want, I guess.

Adobe had been warning users of the original version of ARES since Acrobat 7 that Adobe would be no longer be supporting it at some point : the original format had been broken and was a security risk, and like every other risk, Adobe needed to close it down.