These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

"Read out loud" isn't working with Acrobat 9.01 update.

EMNN

I installed Acrobat Pro 9 and updated to 9.01. I immediately noticed the "read out loud" function was not working.

The "read out loud" function worked with Reader 9 on the same computer.

First, I need to know if the problem is with the update. Could someone with Acrobat 9.01 tell me if the "read out loud" function is working on their computer?

If that function works with Acrobat 9.01, please help me troubleshoot the problem.

My computer runs Vista Home Premium, 32-bit. Thanks!

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.1, Windows
jlamarca
I was just testing accessibilty functions on Acrobat 9 and found that read out loud didn't work on my machine either (although I haven't had audio problems with any other programs). After playing around, I found that I had to go into the Windows Control Panel > Text to Speech > Text to Speech Tab and determine if Windows would read the sample speech located in the box on that page - it did not.Next, I went clicked on the Audio Output box at the bottom of that same window, which will open a new window, and changed the playback device. Unfortunately, the settings on this new window will be different on every machine so I can not tell you which device to select. I closed that window out and and previewed the playback. Once that worked, I went back to Acrobat 9 and testing "read out loud." It now works. Hope this helps.
EMNN
I tested the "Text to Speech" and it works. So, I am open to suggestions. Thanks.
EMNN
The "read out loud" function is still not working.

Could someone with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.01 tell me if the read out loud function is working for them?