These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Submit fdf problem with Acrobat Reader 9.4.2

MichaelHansen

Hi Guys,

A few days ago a new versions of all the current Acrobat Readers (8.2.6, 9.4.2 and 10.0.1) were released. It's seems there might be an issue with the 9.4.2 release in regards to fdf submitting. The problems occurs when posting fdf from a form using the #FDF suffix on the URL, if the returning response does not contain the /F key an error-message is shown:

"Unable to locate the form, because the FDF lacks an /F key. If the FDF came back as a result of a submit from a PDF form, then the URL is probably missing "#FDF" at the end"

This error has not appeared before, and does not appear with either the 8 or 10 versions.

When trying to solve the issue by ensuring that the /F key with the correct URL is in the return FDF the error is gone. However, the form is cleared of all data that might have been entered.

Has anybody else encountered this behaviour following the latest update.

Cheers,

Michael

My Product Information:
Reader, Windows
daa
Hello,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as you've described.

My web application dynamically serves PDF files via IHttpHandler.The problem occurs after I save posted data to DB and try to return response that doesn't contain /F key, but if I try to add /F key with url(I provide the same url as in Request eg. HttpContext.Current.Request.Url), my app doesn't function correctly.

Thanks in advance for assistance!

David