These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

THREE Outlook 2007 Plug-in Questions

CarolinaPower

1. Files sent in this manner appear to be restricted (perhaps by default), requiring recipient to log into Acrobat.com. HOW DO I SEND AN ACROBAT FORM VIA OUTLOOK THAT IS UNRESTRICTED?

2. IS FORMS TRACKER IN ACROBAT 9 PRO, "SMART" ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT I HAVE SENT A FORM VIA OUTLOOK (VS. DISTRIBUTED FORM FROM INSIDE ACROBAT PRO 9)? I WAS HOPEFUL THAT MY EMAIL ADDRESS WOULD BE THE LOGICAL LINK.

3. IS THERE ANY FORMS TRACKING CAPABILITY IN ACROBAT.COM LIKE THERE IS INSIDE ACROBAT 9 PRO? I WANT TO TRACK FORMS SENT VIA OUTLOOK.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 9.1, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
I posted your questions to the Acrobat.com forum and here is the reponse:

1. Files sent in this manner appear to be restricted (perhaps by default), requiring recipient to log into Acrobat.com. HOW DO I SEND AN ACROBAT FORM VIA OUTLOOK THAT IS UNRESTRICTED?

When you select a file for sharing via the Outlook Plugin, there is a drop down option in the file browser to select open access for the shared file. One note of caution though, the best way to distribute an Acrobat Form for data collection is to use Acrobat. If you want to redistribute an already distributed form then the Outlook Plugin is a good option.

2. IS FORMS TRACKER IN ACROBAT 9 PRO, "SMART" ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT I HAVE SENT A FORM VIA OUTLOOK (VS. DISTRIBUTED FORM FROM INSIDE ACROBAT PRO 9)? I WAS HOPEFUL THAT MY EMAIL ADDRESS WOULD BE THE LOGICAL LINK.

The Outlook plugin will work for Open Access Forms. But for restricted access forms it is better to distribute the form from Acrobat 9.

3. IS THERE ANY FORMS TRACKING CAPABILITY IN ACROBAT.COM LIKE THERE IS INSIDE ACROBAT 9 PRO? I WANT TO TRACK FORMS SENT VIA OUTLOOK.

We don't currently have Form tracking capabilities within Acrobat.com. However this is good feedback. I will add it to our list of enhancements for Acrobat.com.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.