These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

error with extended features in Adobe Reader 9.1.0

Ecam

Hello,

I have created a fillable PDF form in older version of Adobe LiveCycle and recently I have upgraded the forms using the Adobe LiveCycle designer E.S 8.2, and basically I opened the file with Adobe LiveCycle designer E.S 8.2 and save it as Adobe Static PDF Form. The probelm is that when I make the PDF file saveable via Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, the PDF form will crash and the error message is :

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader, The document has been changes since it was created and use of extended features is no longer avaliable. "

Please is there any reason that I can not make the PDF file saveable in new version?

My Product Information:
Reader 9.1, Windows
radzmar
Expert
Using dynamic funtions in forms set to static PDF will often cause that Acrobat/Reader recognize a change of the form structure.
If so the extended features will be removed.

You should set the form to dynamic PDF and also save it as dynamic XML-form to avoid the problem.

radzmar
LoveCycle Blog
Documents you need:
LiveCycle Designer ES2 Docs

B0ttinat0r
radzmar wrote:
Using dynamic funtions in forms set to static PDF will often cause that Acrobat/Reader recognize a change of the form structure.
If so the extended features will be removed.

You should set the form to dynamic PDF and also save it as dynamic XML-form to avoid the problem.
Hi,

A friend of mine is also having a similar problem.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by "dynamic function" and "static pdf"?

Thanks
radzmar
Expert
Dynamic function for example are:

- show/hide fields, buttons and subforms
- embed images
- tables where you can add/remove rows
- add/remove pages
- textboxes that grows with the txt typed in / multiline txtboxes

In fact, everything that affects the layout of the pdf.

radzmar
LoveCycle Blog
Documents you need:
LiveCycle Designer ES2 Docs