These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Problems with unwanted blank pages appearing in 7.0.5

Alex1Hamilton
Answered

I'm trying to create a form in LiveCycle Designer 8.2 which has a front page and three optional additional sections that appear when the respective buttons are clicked. I need the form to work in Reader 7.0.5

I've got it working just fine in Acrobat 9, but when it is opened in Reader 7.0.5 three blank pages appear after the front page, and as the optional sections are opened, they replace/fill-up these blank pages.

Any help would be most gratefully received!

Details:

The form is targeted to 7.0.5 and saved as a dynamic XML form.

I am not seeing any warnings, but when switching to Preview PDF, I do see the following under the log:

"Invalid version: the current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of Acrobat/Adobe Reader 7.0.5"

The buttons to reveal the page have the following formcalc scripts:

Form.Top.OnePager.FrontPage.MoreInfoButton.Hide::click - (FormCalc, client)
MoreInformation.presence = "hidden"

Form.Top.OnePager.FrontPage.MoreInfoButton.Hide::initialize - (FormCalc, client)
MoreInformation.presence = "hidden"
etc

My Product Information:
LiveCycle Designer, Windows
radzmar
Expert
Make sure you saved your XML-form for Acrobat or Reader 7.0.5.
You can find the settings in the properties dialog from the file menu.

radzmar
LoveCycle Blog
Documents you need:
LiveCycle Designer ES2 Docs

Alex1Hamilton
Thanks radzmar - I had done that to no avail.

Following posting the question, I found a somewhat arbitrary way of dealing with the problem: For any top-level subform that needs to start at the top of the next page, wrap it in a subform that follows previous under the Pagination option.

For some reason this glitch only happens in v7 of Reader, from v8 onwards you can hide subforms using .presence ="hidden"; where the subform starts at the top of the next page.