These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 10.1 cannot send email to office 2010

jeffreywhunter

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 64bit, Office 2010 64bit - and Adobe PDF 10.1. I get the same errors others discuss in this post. Did you configure something to make it work? Office 2010 has been installed with defaults. I have Adobe Masters Collection CS3 (which had Adobe PDF 8) installed. When I found out that it was a 32/64 bit issue, I uninstalled the PDF suite and installed 10.1, but no difference in behavior.

I've tried to find a solution to this problem in the forums, see a lot of people saying it should work, but I'm having the same problem. When I try to email a pdf file I get:

"either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I'm hoping its a simple config problem...Your assistance is greatly appreciated...

Jeff...

My Product Information:
Reader 10.1, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Try checking the following preference: Edit > Preferences > Internet category and select the Internet Settings... button. In the Internet Properties dialog select the Programs tab and make sure you have your default email program selected.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

jeffreywhunter
Hey Lori, Thanks for the prompt reply. Some followup...

1. I don't use IE for my browser (I use Chrome as 'default', but I have IE9, Firefox 5 and Chrome installed). I'm using Windows 7 64bit, not windows XP.
2. On a whim, I downloaded the Acrobat X trial from the website. Same issues.
3. I followed your instructions. Acrobat > Edit Prefrences > Internet...> Internet Properties > Programs Tab. In that section (which is the IE Internet Properties), there is no selection for default email.
4. In Windows 7, there is a Default Programs function. I've set outlook to be the default ("it has all defaults" is set). No difference - still get the errors/unable to launch send mail from within PDF.
5. Just FYI, I am able to right-click send to email from windows file explorer.
6. I searched MSDN and found the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813745. Deleted the mail client reference and repaired Outlook/rebooted. Upon execution of Outlook, it asked if I wanted it to be default client. No difference - still get the errors/unable to launch send mail from within PDF.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...
Jeff...

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Have you done any sort of Repair of the CS3 install? It sounds like you may be experiencing some sort of incompatibility with Acrobat X/CS3 as mentioned in this technical note.

Have you tried doing a Repair of just your Acrobat X installation?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

rleif
Since my Brother printer no longer works. I used my previous method to fix it. I used Widows 7 uninstall, which is supposed to let one repair Acrobat. Instead it just uninstalled Acrobat. I have Acrobat Pro_10_Web_WWEFD. How do I setup Acrobat Pro X? Do I download it or what. When I run the Extractor nothing happens.

You need to straighten out the problems with Outlook 2010 and FrameMaker 10. In the case of Outlook, you should provide very detailed instructions.
thank you.
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.