These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat Standard 8.1.2 opening Tall and skinny

cwbyhtr

I have a user that when they open Acrobat standard it opens the full height of the screen and about 1/4 of the width. I knew how to resolve this issue at one point but can't remember what the fix was. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1.2, Windows
Dimitri
Expert
Hi cwbyhtr,

Resize the Acrobat application window by dragging the edges to the size you want- Acrobat will redraw to that size the next time it is opened.

Hope this helps,

Dimitri
WindJack Solutions
www.windjack.com
www.pdfscripting.com
kttatum
I am having the same issue, and I have re-sized the application window as you suggested, but when I go to open the PDF doc again after it is closed it does the same thing. It opens the full hieght of the screen but only 1/4 of the width. This is happening on every PDF that I open. This just started this week, and I have had and worked in Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0 every day for 6 months now. What would have changed?
cwbyhtr
Just to update. I figured out what was causing my issue. It was a third party plugin called PDFlyer which is installed for PfxScan. It was an option dealing with dual screen setup.
kttatum
That makes since we have PDF Flyer and ProSystem Scan. Do you happen to remember how you fixed it? Did you have to change something in PDF Flyer, or ProSystem fx Scan, and once you went in there where did you go?
cwbyhtr
To correct the issue go to Set Options, which is the last icon to the right on the PDFlyer toolbar in Adobe. Below the 6 check boxes is "Default window to open" and a drop down. I'm not sure which setting I chose initially, but just changing this setting seemed corrected the issue. Oddly enough, I can't reproduce the situation after the fact regardless of which option I choose.
kttatum
YOUR THE BEST!!!! It worked. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to help me. I was just baffled by this, and you made my day.