These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

acrobat standard X - word 2010 (both 32bit) on Server 2008 R2 (64bit) convert to adobe pdf fails...

fowlerlfc23

I have Acrobat X (10.1.0) 32bit installed on a Server 2008 R2 machine with Office 2010 32bit. When a user right-clicks on a word document and chooses convert to adobe pdf, the user gets the error "Please check to see if you have read permission for the above file.". Here are some additional facts:

-The user has full control permissions on all word files the conversion is attempted on.

-A repair has been run on both Office and Acrobat.

-Both Office and Acrobat have been uninstalled and reinstalled.

-If the user takes the same action on an excel file it converts successfully.

-If the user is granted local admin privileges the conversion from word to pdf still fails.

-if the user opens the word file then chooses create pdf from the menu the conversion is successful.

-if pdfmaker is uninstalled and the user right-clicks on the word file and chooses convert to pdf the conversion is successful.

-if pdfmaker add-in is disabled in word, the conversion still fails when right-clicking a word file and clicking convert to pdf.

-when I login and attempt the conversion, it successful (my account installed both office and acrobat).

The problem seems to be exclusively with pdfmaker and word 2010. Has anyone else encountered this behavior? If so, what was done to resolve it? I can tell the users to open the file and convert it from inside word, but I'd prefer to fix the issue so the users have options for their conversions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 10.1, Windows
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Have you tried running Acrobat as Administrator (logged in as that user)?

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+

fowlerlfc23
Yes, even when I grant the user Local Admin privileges they still cannot convert to PDF.

KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Is it possible for you to re-install Acrobat logged in as that user?

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+