These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Bugs in 10.1.1 on Mac OS

smithsm

Here are 2 annoying bugs that have been present in Acrobat X on the Mac since it's release. They were not repaired in the current update.

1. Open Acrobat and then open any document. Try to delete a single page. It fails. You have to do this TWICE.

2. If you open a PDF that has multiple bookmarks and try to delete several bookmarks at once, the program will crash immediately. I have to use a Windows version of Acrobat to do these multiple delete.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 10.1, Macintosh
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Have you tried updating to Acrobat 10.1.1 (released on September 13, 2011)?

Mac:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5236

Also, I've seen the delete page issue resolved by un-installing Acrobat and installing it under a new user account. I haven't had the issue of deleting multiple bookmarks at all, which leads me to believe there might be an issue with your installation.

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+

smithsm
Hello?!!

Does ANYONE in 2011 READ before they respond?

If you had read my subject header, you'd have seen that version 10.1.1. was the very version I was complaining about!

And as for installing under a new user account, I have NEVER heard this suggested for ANY Mac software. I'm a single user and the software is running under an admin account. Are you REALLY suggesting that I create a NEW account just to re-install the software? To me that sounds extraordinarly bizarre.

And why don't YOU test the software for these 2 bugs before replying in such an unhelpful way?
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Do you by chance have another version of Acrobat installed on your machine? What Mac OS are you running?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

smithsm
I have both Acrobat Pro 9 and X on my machine.

I'm running OS X 10.6.8.
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
smithsm wrote:
1. Open Acrobat and then open any document. Try to delete a single page. It fails. You have to do this TWICE.
2. If you open a PDF that has multiple bookmarks and try to delete several bookmarks at once, the program will crash immediately. I have to use a Windows version of Acrobat to do these multiple delete.
IMHO it's not an Acrobat issue:

1 and 2 works fine with Acrobat 10.1.1 on my Mac OS X.6.8.

(Running Acrobat in both english and french languages, and I also have both Acrobat 9 and X installed)
;-)
smithsm
Merlin:

Thanks for the information; interesting that you do not have this problem.

I see there's another thread -- many users reporting problems with deleting pages in Acrobat X.
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Also, be sure that you're not using PDF/A in read-only mode.
:-)
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
smithsm,

I apologize that I missed the last 1 on your heading. I did test both features before writing my post and did not have either issue.

I have noticed some users have mentioned the delete issue on the Windows side, and their fix was to select the thumbnail in the Pages pane and use the Delete key on the keyboard, instead of the Delete button under tools on the right.

As far as creating a 2nd user account, it was only a suggestion. It did resolve the issue for another user, so I thought it was worth a try. If you are not comfortable with that, I understand.

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+