These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

cannot add an interactive button to 'save as...' in 3D V8 8.2.6

Frankenil

Hi people
I am new to this forum and hope you can help me.
I have 3D V8 and am creating a form.
All went well till after successfully creating an interactive button for SUBMIT, I tried to do the same for 'Save As...'
I got to the Actions tab in Button Properties and when I clicked Add in the hope that a list of options would appear, including Save As..., I found a completely empty, unpopulated Menu Item window. i clicked on it thinking i had to activate it, but still nothing!
Any ideas?
TIA
Frank
taylor_f [at] netvision [dot] net [dot] il

My Product Information:
Acrobat 3D 8.1.6, Windows
thomp
Expert
So you tried to put an "Execute a menu item" Action on a button, correct? And the menu item list was empty?

For security reasons, Acrobat does not allow certain menu items to be run from a PDF. The items that are allowed are on a white list. This list is maintained in the Windows Registry at this location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\8.0\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultExecMenuItems

The idea is that if you want to create documents that run menu items that break the security model, then that's up to you. You can change the list on your own system.

Its possible that Acrobat burped, and didn't load the list. Check the registry to make sure the list is there. Then shutdown Acrobat, use the registry to ensure that it's really shutdown, and restart it. If this doesn't fix things you may some other worse problem.

Thom Parker
The source for PDF Scripting Info
www.pdfscripting.com
Very Important - How to Debug Your Script