These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Can't open web links in PDF files created w/ Acrobat Pro 7.1.0

mdayton

This is a weird one. I've generated PDF docs in Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 from WORD files that contain web links (such as reference sections) for some time. Never had a problem opening the web links from the PDF files created. Until now.

When I direct the cursor over the PDF file web link, I see a small W (as in WORD) and when I click, all I get is the hour glass symbol... then after some minutes the windows task manager indicates "Adobe Acrobat Professional not responding".

I'm running Norton 360 and XP w/ SP3 was recently installed. Is the problem associated to a conflict with Acrobat and SP3?

Thanks for any feedback.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 7.0, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Can you access the internet from Acrobat at all? If not you'll probably need to set Norton Internet Security Suite firewall to allow Acrobat or Adobe Reader access to the Internet.

There is more detail on how to do this in the following [url=http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=324006&sliceId=2]technical note[/url].

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.