These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Convert from PDF to MS word 2003

emilie.ab

Just got Acrobat 8 Professional. Have a PDF to convert to MS Word 2003. Error message "Acrobat was able to make this document accessible but found the following oddities: Some font(s) missing information needed to determine the characters that correspond to the symbols (glyphs) in the font. [4606 of 7948 glyphs (TTE1BEA4B8t00, TTE1ABA590t00, TTE1A5B88t00...)]

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8, Windows
pddesigner
Most typographic glyphs originate from the characters of a typeface. In a typeface each character typically corresponds to a single glyph, but there are exceptions, such as a font used for a language with a large alphabet or complex writing system, where one character may correspond to several glyphs, or several characters to one glyph.

This is caused by the font designer placing kerning tables into their font files to improve the fonts’ readability. Acrobat can not read fonts developed in this manner. I suggest you contact the author of the PDF and inform him/her of this issue. Point them to this Adobe article.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=329852&sliceId=1

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.