These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Converting Powerpoint 2003 to pdf pro 9 : links problems

wouen2no

Hi,
I'm trying to convert a 13p ppt file (2003) to a pdf (using adobe pro 9).
Everything is OK except that the intralinks (which helps the navigation inside the file) are lost in the conversion. It causes a mess. The hyperlinks are OK.
So far, I have to delete all the intra links on the ppt document, then I convert to a pdf file and then I create the intralinks again on the pdf.
What should I do to have proper links (intra and hypertext) when converting a ppt to a pdf file ?
Thanks for advising,

Wouan2no

daka630
Expert
Have you been using PDFMaker to create the PDFs?
On PowerPoint's menu -
Adobe PDF > Change Conversion Settings
Add Links to Adobe PDF would need to be selected.

Be well...

Be well...

wouen2no
Hi,

I checked what you advised me to do.
The "add links"option was already selected in the "change conversion settings" formular" in the Adobe pdf menu of ppt.
Shoud you have another idea, I would pleased to put it into practice.

Thanks

Wouan2no

UVSAR
Expert
Are the hyperlinks removed completely from the PDF, or are they just not functioning? Page-change hyperlinks are stored as a JavaScript command (actually telling Acrobat to run a menu item) - so if you've got Acrobat JavaScript disabled, they won't work.
wouen2no
Hi,

When converting my 13 p. ppt file (using ppt 2003) to pdf (using adobe 9 pro), using pdfmaker of ppt, some links are disfunctioning :
- some change-apge links are disfunctioning but some are functioning properly (ex. the back button is Ok). 4 change-page links out of 13 are OK.
- some hyperlinks (to documents stocked in an on-line database) have disappeared whereas some others are still functioning.

When I create the links, I did create them in the automatic form (graphic form) and not on the text itself. If I had created the links on the text, it generated faded colour so it is not very readable when published on the web. And I don't know how to change the colour of a link.
Could this be at the origin of the problem ?
Thanks for advising.

Wouan2no

wouen2no
I,
I forgot to say that the change-page disfunctioning links are not removed. They point to a page where they shoudn't.

Wouan2no

UVSAR
Expert
Both text hyperlinks and action buttons are supported in PDFMaker, so they should be working. Without access to your files it's hard to be of much help, though if you switch to the Object Selector tool in Acrobat (the big blue arrow), right-click the hyperlinks and choose Properties, in the Actions tab it'll show what the link is actually trying to do - it should be running a menu item from the View menu.

To change the color of inline text hyperlinks in PPT2003:

[i]On the Format menu, click Slide Design.
In the task pane, click Color Schemes, and then click Edit Color Schemes.
Click the Custom tab.
Under Scheme colors, click 'Accent and hyperlink' or 'Accent and followed hyperlink', and then click Change Color.
Choose the color you want, and click Apply.[/i]
wouen2no
Hi,

Using the Object Selector tool in Acrobat, I did right-click the hyperlinks.
The problem is that my screen is covered by lines (areas of links). I can have access to some of the links and check the view menu but some links are "hidden" by other areas of links.
It seems that my version of adobe acrobat doesn't support links. Which version would you advise ?
Thanks

Wouan2no

wouen2no
Hi,
I did try to change the color of inline text hyperlinks in PPT2003 following the steps you mentionned to me. But it changed the color of the whole automatic form and not only the inline text...
I'm very successful with acrobat working !!

Wouan2no