These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

drag and drop issue new to Outlook 2007

crduncan2
Answered

With my previous version of Outlook, 2003, I had a trick for adding pages from an existing pdf into a reply to an e-mail string. This was my method:
Create the reply message, go to pdf and extract pertinant pages, click the send to e-mail button in Acrobat, drag the newly attached pdf over the minimized reply e-mail down in the toolbar, reply e-mail would pop up, drag the pdf into the previously created reply message and let go. PDF is now attached to reply e-mail. Delete the message created when you used the mail command from within Acrobat, and your good to go. Sounds complicated, but it really goes very quickly and you never need to save the extracted pages anywhere.
Problem now is that I've installed Outlook 2007 and the reply e-mail won't come up when I hold the file over the minimized button at the bottom, so I can't drop it into it. Problem only occurs when dragging from the e-mail message created via Acrobat. No problem dragging from any other existing e-mail into a new one.
I know this sounds trivial, but I actually used this trick quite a bit and it's annoying now that it doesn't work.

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Have you tried opening the Page Navigation Pane and then just dragging the thumbnails into a new message in Outlook?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

crduncan2
I really liked that idea, but it doesn't work for me; I just gave it a try. Does this work for others?