These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Graphics Select Tool from Acrobat Professional 5.03 in Acrobat 9 Pro

EBK

I have been using Acrobat Professional 5.03 for many years. I use the Graphics Select tool to capture any desired piece of a page to the clipboard and paste it where ever I choose. This tool is a must for me. I purchased Acropbat 9 Pro and updated by system today because a number of the organizations I work with are now requiring Acrobat 9 to view and work with their content. I haven't been able to find the old tool or a similar replacement for it in 9. Can you help??

Brian

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.2, Windows
daka630
Expert
Hi Brian,
A few tools to look over ~

Tools > Select & Zoom > Snapshot Tool
Tools > Advanced Editing > TouchUp Object Tool
Tools > Advanced Editing > Select Object ToolAt your convenience, open the Advanced Editing Toolbar
Tools > Advanced Editing > Show Advanced Editing Toolbar
or, put the mouse cursor over one of the displayed tool icons "ribbons"and right click for the context menu.
Then select Advanced Editing.

Something that can facilitate the workflow in general.
As you play with the various toolbars' tools to get acclimitized to Acrobat 9 Pro, have the Properties Bar open as well (Ctrl+E).
As you put focus on objects placed on the PDF by a tool (focus on the bounding shape or the text within for instance)
the Properties Bar displays different property features that can be configured.

If not already in hand, obtain the PDF version of Acrobat 9 Pro Help. Visit:
[url=http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Professional]Acrobat 9 Pro online Help[/url]
The online Help is the "living" Help document that gets updated as needed.
However, it is useful to download the Help PDF file.
The link to the PDF is in the upper left corner of the online Help page.

So, while getting comfortable with what Acrobat 9 Pro has, have the Help PDF open.
Refer to it for details about tools such as the Snapshot Tool, etc.

If you have a photo editing program installed you can configure Acrobat to use it for "object editing" of images.
If PhotoShop is installed, Acrobat uses it by default.
Otherwise, go into Acrobat's Preferences .... Edit > Preferences > select the Category "TouchUp".
In the "TouchUp" catagory's configuration pane, at the right, you can use the Choose Image Editor to browse to & select
the photo editing program. You can also choose a Page/Object Editor.
These may be useful to you.

Be well...

Be well...

EBK
Thank You!! The Snapshot tool is just what I was looking for. I use it just as I would use scissors to cut selections from a page and paste-up a hardcopy layout. I knew it had to be there somewhere.

Thanks again and thanks for the other advise. Wow, has the user interface changed since 5.

Brian