These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Ho Hum: Acrobat X still no Win7/Office 2010 64 bit support

roattw

Just loaded Acobat X hoping SURELY they have Win 7 64 bit support now. In Acrobat 9 pro you could not use the the Send As Email option when veiwing PDFs. Wouldnt recognize that there was an email client. Very sad indeed.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 10.0, Windows
UVSAR
Expert
Acrobat X is a 32-bit program and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Acrobat X fully supports Windows 7 64-bit and has been extensively tested on that platform, but does not support Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit because at the time it was being designed, Microsoft advised developers not to target Office x64 from 32-bit applications as the API interface was not stable enough to be relied upon. Almost all Office plugin vendors restrict their products to the 32-bit version, and Microsoft continues to strongly recommend to end users that they install the 32-bit version of Office even on an x64 operating system, unless there is a pressing need to work with extremely large files.
mcchow
I am running Windows 7 and Office 2010. Both 64 bits.

I cannot email (Outlook 2010)when I am in a PDF file when I use Acrobat X.

But I can email from a PDF file when I use Nuance's PDF Converter 7.
roattw
Thats an interesting point mcchow. I posted this question to Acrobat Forums direct and its started quite the debate, interesting:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3317120#3317120