These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Lost a Hyperlink in MS Excell 2007 /2010 not in 2003 (Acrobat 9 Stand)

Ze

I have a Win 7 and create a file in with hyperlink in excell 2003 and export at PDF (Acrobat 9 Stand) and its all ok
The issue is with create a file with hyperlink in excell 2007/2010 and export at PDF (Acrobat 9 Stand) lost a hyperlink with file with extencion XLS or XLSX same issue.
Have a one idea ???

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 9.3.1, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Can you explain the steps/syntax you use to create the hyperlink in Excel 2007? Also, under the Excel 2007 Acrobat tab, if you select Preferences the PDFMaker dialog will appear. In this dialog, do you have "Add Links" selected?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

Ze
This is the configuration used but again in MS Excell worked OK in MS Excell 2007 not worked a same file and los hyperlinks

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/acrobatsettings.jpg/
daka630
Expert
You mentioned "2010".
Office 2010?
If so, then your "2007" activity is happening from within the Office 2010 environment.
Adobe's [url=http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/faq]Acrobat FAQ[/url]

discusses Acrobat and Office 2010 —

Quote:
[b]Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office 2010[/b][i]Does Adobe Acrobat 9 work with Microsoft Office 2010?[/i]
Adobe has not formally tested Acrobat 9 software with Microsoft Office 2010 applications and does not certify the behavior of using the two together.

The Acrobat ribbons, also known as Acrobat PDFMaker, do not work with Office 2010 applications the same way they do with Office 2007.

Customers using Acrobat 9.0 through 9.2 will see the Acrobat ribbon in Office 2010 applications;
however, attempting to use PDFMaker functionality from the Acrobat ribbon can result in unexpected behavior.
[color=green]Customers who update to Acrobat 9.3 or later will not see the Acrobat 9 ribbon in Office 2010 applications[/color].

Adobe strongly recommends always using Acrobat software with the latest updates applied.

[i]How do I convert Office 2010 documents to PDF using Acrobat 9?[/i]
Customers can continue to convert documents to PDF by choosing the Adobe PDF printer from the Print pane of the Microsoft Office 2010 File tab.
[color=red]Additionally, choosing to convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Visio documents from the Create PDF from File feature of Acrobat 9 — or related functions such as right-clicking on an Office document in Windows Explorer and choosing Convert to Adobe PDF — [u]will result in PDF conversion using the Adobe PDF printer when Office 2010 is installed[/u][/color].
Documents created in other Office 2010 applications such as Project and Publisher, and emails in Outlook 2010, will not convert automatically and must be converted to PDF by opening the original files or emails in their associated applications and printing to the Adobe PDF printer.

[i]Will Acrobat 9 be updated to support Office 2010?[/i]
Adobe plans to add support for its Acrobat PDFMaker technology for Office 2010 in the next major version of Acrobat.*
We have not made any announcements about updating Acrobat 9 PDFMakers for Office 2010.

*This FAQ contains forward-looking statements, including those related to Adobe's future product plans, that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. For a discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, individuals should refer to Adobe's SEC filings. Adobe does not undertake an obligation to update forward-looking statements.

[i]What Acrobat 9 features will work with Office 2010?[/i]
Acrobat 9 software continues to be an essential complement to Office 2010.
Acrobat 9 functionality, such as adding and previewing Office files in PDF Portfolios; initiating, participating in, and tracking Acrobat Shared Reviews; helping to protect PDF documents; easily creating, distributing, and collecting forms; and other features will continue to function.
Exporting PDF files to Word and Excel compatible formats will also continue to function with Acrobat 9.

[i]Do Adobe Presenter and Adobe LiveCycle Designer support Office 2010?[/i]
Adobe Presenter 7, included with Acrobat 9 Pro Extended (Windows only), does not currently support Microsoft Office 2010.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2, included with Acrobat 9 Pro and Acrobat 9 Pro Extended (Windows only), does not support Word 2010.

Customers may need to convert Word documents to PDF first (using the Adobe PDF printer) before importing them as new forms in Adobe LiveCycle Designer.
I suspect that, with Acrobat 9.x and Office 2010, you are using "Convert to PDF" but getting the output PDF via the Adobe Printer (see the [color=red]red[/color] text in the quote).

Be well...

Be well...

Ze
Thank you. We understand what I can from MS Office 2010.
But the problem also as I have with MS Office 2007
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Are you linking "to" a native Excel 2007 file from your PDF? If so, are you seeing the Excel Message Bar for blocked content? If not, try turning this on in Excel.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.