These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Slow Search in Acrobat 8.0.1

Morley

I have several directories of back issues of our publications searchable under Acrobat's previous versions. Very slick and accurate. Recently we upgraded to 8.0.1 and searches are now tediously slow. We have tried all the options we think are available to re-index/rebuild but this does not help.

Any ideas out there or is this a bug that should be fixed by Adobe?

1wyzwomyn
since installing Acrobat 8 pro, my computer has issues... one of which is that reader and acrobat it don't want to close. i'm always having to end task. is there a fix... my computer seems to run slower and fragments show instead of entire pages, then they open slowly... i'm running XP any assistance will be greatly appreciated... my computer is new ( well i got a new one in December) yesterday i spent all afternoon doing upgrades and after it was done... it insisted on doing it again... this is my office computer and i have other things to do besides spending the afternoon with adobe...