These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Word 2007 to Acrobat Standard 8.1.1

santeria

I have a User Who has been trying to Print to PDF various word documents ( Word 2007 which were originally Word 2003) that have Excel ( Originally 2003, but I ASSUME get converted to 2007) Embeds.
The Problem is that where-ever the Excel embed in Word 2007 is( After printing to PDF), the PDF is Black.
I checked the Excel embeds, and no Links to outside files have been made ( I thought that the Black was caused by the PDF file not finding any link).
Anyways, in both Standard and Pro Testing of this Issue, using the 8.1.1 versions of Acrobat, I then Click on Examine Document, and "Metadata", "Hidden text" and "Deleted hidden Page and Image context" are checked.
I then Click on Preview, and I was amazed to see that the Excel embeds had indeed converted over, but as hidden text.
If I change the Radio button in Preview to "Show Both Hidden and Visible Text", then it shows the full document in preview.
My hope is that I can somehow setup Adobe Acrobat, and/or Word so that the Hidden elements will display. Most of the users who need this to work don't have a whole lot of patience with too many "steps".
Any advice or help is appreciated.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1.1, Windows
dbaker
Expert
Hi --

Instead of embedding the spreadsheet, use Paste Special. Acrobat should recognize that.

donna.

A prolific author and writer of many Acrobat books, as well as books on graphic and Web design software.
Donna lives on a lakeshore in central Canada, where all manner of wildlife from muskrats to coyotes come to call.

santeria
Thanks for the reply
That is a definite possibility, if it were not for the fact that the Documents they use have to constantly change. So the embedded elements are re-edited, and will produce new versions of the document.
The Doc to PDF change apparently worked fine in 2003 and before, but this time , in Office 2007, the Embedded Elements are treated as Attachments; So the issue is... how do you get the Attachements to show in the PDF ?
Is a Paste Special solution the only way? or can the converted Embeds, that show up as attachments be made to show themselves ?

Thanks
santeria
For what its worth, at this stage, I appear to have narrowed the area to be "adjusted" in the word document.
Under Word Options, Under Advanced, there is the Three fold area Compatibility Options for "....", then Layout this Document as if Created in "...." and , then in Layout Options, the use, or Not of "Use Printer Metrics to Layout the Document" makes or breaks the conversion process.
The over-riding issue that gets somewhat annoying is that the Template in each document can change any one of these three area.
At this stage I am still testing, but strangely enough the adjustment of this area then allows Acrobat to do its job. But not fully... not yet;
I am still open to suggestions.
santeria
In some Documents a Change on the Word end will fix things, but then sometimes the Acrobat end of things is the issue; however, the Office Options Settings in Excel I described above appears to be a key part, however, once you use any of the parts, its as if the Document acquires something.
The Add-in Integration with Office and Acrobat 8.1.1 still coheres with the apps, but I still can't get a consistent conversion to PDF.
Di-ana
Hy All!

I have adobe 6.0 pdf file to work with. It's first time w/ this version - I always work with v05.
I need to:
* edit fields and translate text into diferente language
* if needed I have to change fonts
* if needed I have to change size of the field

How can I do it? I'm really in trouble.
Thank you very much for y/ help.
Diana