These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 8 and Word 2007

kiwiflame
Answered

I am trying to combine files with Acrobat 8 but I can't see docx or docm files. I'm using acrobat v8. Do I need to upgrade to a later version of acrobat or is there a compatability download?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.0, Windows
daka630
Expert
Bon dias kiwiflame,

Just a thought; but, is your Acrobat 8 updated to the last dot version (8.1.6)?
Starting with Acrobat 8.1, Acrobat incorporated Office 2007 (*.docx) support.
The updates provided fixes(bugs, security, etc.). So, well worth putting them into play.

[url=http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfitmatters/2008/12/version_compatibility_of_acrob.php]Version Compatibility of Acrobat PDFMakers[/url]

Be well...

Be well...

kiwiflame
Thanks daka

My version is still 8.0.0. I'm behind a firewall so automatic updates hadn't been running and wasn't sure where to start with the downloadable updates.
daka630
Expert
Hi kiwiflame,

If not already updated there are two basic paths.

Nag whomever has claimed the HDD image "turf".
If your job duties call for use of Acrobat then you have a legitimate business need that must be addressed; that is to say, having Acrobat sequencially updated to 8.1.6.

or

Harvest the needed updates from Adobe using another computer.
Put the files to CD or USB stick. Use this to update the work machine.

Go to
[url]http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/[/url]
Use the product selector at upper portion of page to select desired product & click "go".Be well...

Be well...

kiwiflame
Thanks once again daka. Appreciate your help.
I've nagged our IT people to upgrade my Acrobat.
I'll be keeping an eye on updates from now on and will be using another computer to download them.

Regards
gkaiseril
Expert
Version 8.1.6 will handle the Docx format. Earlier version did not and one had to save to the Doc file type before the conversion.

George Kaiser

kiwiflame
Thank you. I have now updated Acrobat to 8.1.6 and everything is working sweetly.
Thanks all