These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 8 Office 2007 PDFmaker compatibility

SISI

When will an update/patch for
Acrobat 8 with a PDFmaker compatible with Office 2007 be available???
Word batch docs to pdf was a nice core function at Adobe presentations but not working???
This would save me hours!!!

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8, Windows
tedpadova
ExpertTeam
Adobe doesn't routinely make announcements on when a new product update will be available. We know that Acrobat 8 was released prior to the Vista and Office 2007 products and therefore the PDFMaker for Office 2007 could not be included in the first release of Acrobat 8.

We also know that Adobe stays current with products that work in concert with Acrobat. You can expect to see an upgrade appear that will support all the new Office applications. Exactly when is unknown at this time but Adobe does have a good track record in releasing timely upgrades to support its own and other products.

ted

The author of numerous books on Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite, and an international speaker on Adobe Acrobat, Ted Padova is a well-known PDF guru.

Dimitri
Expert
Hi SISI,

As far as I know, no date has been announced yet for an Acrobat 8 patch and Adobe typically does not provide guesstimates on release dates. Hopefully, we will all hear something soon.

Hope that helps,

Dimitri
WindJack Solutions
[url=http://www.windjack.com]www.windjack.com[/url]
elb
Hello,

I recently got a new laptop and have discovered that my Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional PDF maker isn't working with MS Office 2007. Is there an available compatibility update / patch? If not, what can I do?

If possible, please email your responst to Liz Burton. liz [dot] burton [at] pbiverify [dot] comKind Regards,
Liz
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Make sure you have the latest update for Acrobat 8 (8.1.2). Patches are cumulative so install them in order. If this doesn't correct the problem here are a few more suggestions:
- [url=http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401734&sliceId=1]PDFMaker is unavailable in a Microsoft Office 2007 application after you install Acrobat 8.1.x (Windows)[/url]
- Make sure you've personalized you copy of Word

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.