These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 8.0 and Canon MP600 Problem

kevinr1

I can't seem to create a PDF document using my Canon MP600 All-In-One printer scanner with Acrobat 8.0 Professional. I am using an iMac running OSX 10.4.9. When I attempt to create a PDF, Acrobat shows that it recognizes the Canon MP600, asks where I want to save the document but then freezes up and I have to "Force Quit" Acrobat to get out of the program. Any help is much appreciated.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8, Macintosh
tedpadova
ExpertTeam
Not sure exactly where the document is prior to conversion to PDF. On an iMac use the Print command and Save to PDF. Or use the Adobe 8 Printer to create your PDFs. Don't use non-PostScript printer drivers to create PDF files.

ted

The author of numerous books on Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite, and an international speaker on Adobe Acrobat, Ted Padova is a well-known PDF guru.

linedrawer
I've got the same problem.
When trying within Acrobat 8.0 to scan directly from the Canon MP600 platen, the Canon scan screen window appears but all action on it is frozen. Behind it, the Finder works, but no Acrobat action can take place nor can the scan window be moved. All that is left is to Force Quit. Scanning from within Canon's own driver works fine. Just no action in Acrobat.

Also, is there an inexpensive way to scan from this Canon and create a vector dot file, e.g. .dxf, .pdf (with vectors), .eps? Or do I have to actually do the drawing in Illustrator rather than the fine handdrawn work i'm trying to scan?

Thanks for lending a hand.