These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 8.1.3 IE toolbar gone

peterkss

When I uninstalled Acrobat 7.0 the Right click "convert / save as PDF" and toolbar disappeared in Internet Explorer. I only have original Acrobat 7.0 installation CD since update was done from web. HELP

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1.2, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Did you uninstall Acrobat 7 and then install Acrobat 8? If so, have you tried doing a "Repair Acrobat Installation" from under the Acrobat 8 Help menu?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

peterkss
I did install upgrade first and then I belive I uninstalled Acrobat 7. I did try repair to no avail.
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
What version of Windows are you using? Try uninstalling A8 from the control panel and then re-installing. Then install updates -- they are cumulative so you'll need to install in order.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

peterkss
Hi....I uninstalled 8.1 and reinstalled version 7.0 .....My taskbar reappeared. I am hesitant to reinstall version 8 at this time since I prefer something that works vs the same problem reappearing.

Now that I have a toolbar I'd like it to work. I right click and select convert to pdf and nothing happens (web page conversion)???

Pete