These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Adobe Acrobat Add-in Outlook 2007

dwcassady
Answered

Hola,

I have this whacked problem I thought I'd ask about.

I have a user who claims that she was able to open an email in Outlook 2007, go to Save As, and select Create PDF. Then the email would be saved as a pdf with all the attachments in the PDF as well. She said about a week ago that selection disappeared.

She is running Windows XP, Outlook 2007, and Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard.

I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard and reinstalled but it did not restore the Save As add-in for Outlook 2007.

I noticed in the Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard installation that it supports Office 2003, but I don't know for sure if Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard supports Outlook 2007. Yet she claims it worked a week ago.

I hate application integration issues like this.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Peace.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1, Windows
Rowan
I'm using Acrobat 8 and Outlook 2007 on Windows and I can confirm that a Convert to PDF option does exist under Save As for email messages.

This thread on the Adobe Forums might help you out...

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc9d7e9?14

Specifically this bit:

1.) Close Outlook. Goto Add/Remove Programs, Change Acrobat installation; Select 'Modify' in setup

2.) In the Custom Setup navigate to 'Create Adobe PDF' -> 'Acrobat PDFMaker' -> 'Microsoft Outlook', left-click and in the drop down select 'This feature will not be available'. Click 'Next' and then 'Update'.3.) After the Acrobat setup has finished, launch outlook once and close it.

4.) Now again repeat step 1 & 2, but this time select 'This feature and all sub-feature will be installed on hard drive' in the left-click drop down menu.

PDF News, Articles, Tips and Rants at 4xPDF

dwcassady
Hi Rowan,

Thanks for the reply. The link to the discussion helped immensly. I repaired the installation, but that wasn't the issue.

Outlook had disabled the Add-in, so after I updated Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard to the latest version, I enabled the add-in in Outlook 2007 and life became beautiful again.

I really appreciate the reply.

Thank you!
Have a good day,
Daniel
Rowan
No problem, glad to hear you got it sorted out. Enjoy your weekend.

PDF News, Articles, Tips and Rants at 4xPDF