These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Cannot creat PDFs from Word 2007 using Acrobat 8 (all patches applied)

ltnunes

I have the Acrobat 8.1.1 Add-on installed in Word 2007 - from what I can see it should be functioning. But, I cannot generate a PDF from the Create PDF icon on the Acrobat toolbar. The only way I can generate a PDF is to "print to PDF". Help.

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
By Add-on, I'm assuming you're referring to the one that Acrobat 8.1.1 installs in Office 2007. If so, it sounds a thought your macro may be disabled. Here is the link to a technical note to repair:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333235&sliceId=2

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

ltnunes
The referenced technical note doesn't apply. I have all of the Acrobat icons and all appears, on the surface, to be installed correctly. It just doesn't work.
gkaiseril
Expert
MS Office maybe applying security restrictions that you will have to manually override in an MS Office application to enable the use of the PDF Maker macro, the enabling of the PDF Maker macro is independent of the icon display.

You also should have installed Acrobat after MS Office was installed.

There could be conflicts with other applications like MS Works or with previous versions of Acrobat.

George Kaiser

ltnunes
The Solution: From Acrobat Support

Note - this is ONLY an issue with MS Word 2007 when fully functional PDF is selected as the option.

I would have never guess this fix. . .

1. Open Word 2007
2. Select the Office button
3. Select Word Options, Popular
4. In the Personalize your copy of Office section, fill in the User Name and Initial fields. Click OK.
5. Close all MS Office 2007 programs. Wait 1 minute (you must wait this amount of time).

6. Open Word 2007 and the PDF Add-on will now work.