These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Can't "save as PDF" in Outlook 2007

Munchausen

I have Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9 and, after upgrading to Microsoft Office 2007 Standard, I can no longer save Outlook e-mail messages in PDF format, something I easily did in all prior versions of Outlook. Microsoft’s Add-in “Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS” does not create a toolbar or any buttons permitting me to save an e-mail in PDF format. Microsoft tells me it's a "bydesign
feature." In other words, Microsoft consciously chose to prevent its users from saving Outlook 2007 e-mails in PDF format. Anomalously, Microsoft referred me to Adobe. Will an upgrade from Acrobat 7.0.9 Standard to Acrobat 8 Standard resolve this problem?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 7.0.9, Windows
Hi

Acrobat 8.1 will indeed solve this problem.

Upgrade to Acrobat 8.0 and then patch to 8.1 via the 'Help' menu or via the adobe updates page.

Hope this helps?

Jon

I've been using Acrobat since v1.0 and still get amazed by its power. An Acrobat ACE since 1999

Munchausen
Dear Jon,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. As the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. Thus, I pose yet another question to you, sir. But first a preface.

I'm disinclined to spend more money to do something I was formerly able to do. Is there another solution, e.g., a method for customizing the Outlook 2007 Print button so that it will print to Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9?

Thank you, sir. I'm eager to hear from you.