These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Convert to PDF in Word 2003 locks up

clausent

We have a user that just recently started having a problem within Word converting to PDF. It also locks up at the same point in Excel when converting to pdf and you have to actually exit the conversion process and word/excel closes. The odd thing is that it works fine under my login. I went ahead and reinstalled her Adobe Acrobat 8, did a registry clean and then reinstalled it, but didn't apply the 8.1.1 or 8.1.2 patches to see if it was related to that since it was just recently updated to 8.1.2. but it still has the same behavior.

System specs:
- Windows XP PRO SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0.0 (was 8.1.2).
- Office Professional 2003 SP3

Any ideas on why it started doing this all of a sudden? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TC

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Windows
clausent
Well, a brief follow up. I went ahead and uninstalled office 2003 and Adobe Acrobat Pro, did a registry clean, rebooted and then reinstalled. The issue still exists so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TC
JWood
I am experiencing the same problem when attempting to open a pdf in Word for editing.

Unfortunately when you check with MS they no longer support Office2003 other than security according to pop up.

Is Adobe working on this?
Thanks in advance,
JWood
clausent
JWood,

I'm glad you posted, because I forgot to post a follow up on what actually fixed this for our user. It seems with our issue it was related to her user profile being corrupted. I just logged in under my admin account on her system and just renamed her active profile under C:\Documents and Settings\problemuser to C:\Documents and Settings\problemuser_old and rebooted the system, had her log back in to recreate a profile and that seemed to fix it. I'm not sure what caused this to happen, but I think it's related to us migrating to Active Directory and we've had a few glitches with profiles becoming corrupted and causing problems. I tried this on a whim and it actually worked, so hopefully it works for you.

TC