These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Creating an Acrobat package from Outlook 2007

pkeene
Answered

I tried to create a .pdf following the steps outlined in the presentation today in Outlook 2007 and got a failed message on every item. Is there something I'm missing?

Pam

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Can you provide any other details on the error message? Can you confirm that you're using Acrobat 8.1 and not 8.0? How many messages are you converting?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

pkeene
I am using Acrobat v. 8.1.2.

Here is the log file from when I tried to convert the mail message saying I had a reply to this message.

===================================================

Requested: 1,
Converted to PDF: 0,
Skipped [Already in PDF]: 0,
Skipped [PDFMaker failed to convert]: 1

Details of Email to PDF conversion:
Failed to Convert:
From: Acrobat User Community Forums Mailer, Subject: Reply to topic: 'Creating an Acrobat package from Outlook 2007', Date: 2/14/2008, Status: Item failed to convert
---------------------------------------------------

And here are the settings I have set within Outlook 2007/adobe PDF/change conversion settings

Everything is default except the following:
under Settings:
unchecked Embed index for faster search

under automatic Archival:
checked enable Automatic Archival
checked Weekly, Thursday
Run at 2am
Add: (selected several folders in addition to the already selected inbox folder)

That's it.
abhigyan
Expert
Do you see this problem when running automatic archival or just normal conversions?

Couple of things to try:
- Does Create PDF>From web page in Acrobat work ?
- Close all applications and try running a repair of Acrobat.
pkeene
I tested it in my browser and had the same problem, so I ran the repair. That fixed it now it works both in my broweser and Outlook 2007.

Thanks!