These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

creating PDF from Access 2003

woodyb78

I have a user using Acrobat 8.0 with MS Access 2003. When he tries to print from Access to the PDF creator, creating a PDF file, nothing gets created, only a log file with 'Postscript error, no pdf was created' in it. Please help

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8, Windows
dbaker
Expert
Hi --

There is likely a problem with his installation. Have the user open Acrobat, choose Help > Repair Acrobat Installation. The program will check its installed features, including the Adobe PDF printer, and may solve the problem.I am not quite sure what you are describing as there are two ways to produce output.

* From Access, the user can choose File > Print and print the content using the Adobe PDF Printer as the chosen printer.* From the Adobe PDF menu, the user can choose Convert to Adobe PDF or use the button on the Adobe PDF toolbar.

Either way, running the repair utility from Acrobat may solve the issue.

donna.

A prolific author and writer of many Acrobat books, as well as books on graphic and Web design software.
Donna lives on a lakeshore in central Canada, where all manner of wildlife from muskrats to coyotes come to call.